As a devoted Muslim sister, you know that the Islamic New Year falls on September 22 this year. And as with every new year festivity, you must be thinking that old classic, “I have nothing to wear!” Listen girls, it’s just not true. Yes, you may be in the market for a few new striking pieces this new year, but remember that you can get a lot of mileage out of what’s already in your closet with a little creative layering and accessorizing. Here are some top trends from the runways that we love for fall 2017 as well as some layering tricks and tips to get you started. Enjoy!
- Beautiful jewel tones in rich materials like velvet and satin’s are a fall classic. What could make you feel more like a queen in the new year than that?
- Over-sized jackets are on-trend right now and they’re oh so cozy!
- Neutral plaids are hot this season, so try a bold plaid jacket or hijab.
- Glitter bomb – sparkle and shimmer in this season’s glitter laden garments. All eyes will be on you so get ready for your close-up!
- Tassel fringe is all over the runway this season. Add a bit of fringe to your look for a carefree boho style.
- Patchwork – This is a simple and stylish way to mix your prints. Add a soft, solid-colored, belted cardigan to tie it all together.
Fall Layering Tricks
- Long, flowy skirts are great for staying warm when the temps drop. Pair them with a structured menswear-inspired blazer or jacket for a chic night time or daytime look.
- Go for a modest and feminine top by layering a thin, breathable, long-sleeved shirt under a slim wool or cashmere sweater and adding a thin, high-waisted belt and brooch.
- Get more mileage out of dresses by pairing them with sweaters and button-ups in the fall.
- Don’t be afraid to layer jackets. Pair thinner jackets and vests under and over thicker layering pieces.
- Layering skirts over or under dresses is an unexpected combo. Aprons and overskirts over pants can be a fun silhouette that can help you get more mileage out of your summer skirts.
Shopping for fall fashions this new year? Check out Islamic Design House for all your modest fashion needs.